Labor Market Information
Assessment Tools and Skill Development
- KeyTrain®: Provides on-line training modules to assess and improve basic skills, work habits and employability skills that help you get and keep a job. See WorkSource staff for access.
- Workshops: Career Planning & Putting Your Skills to Work.
Training Opportunities and Resources
JobSearch and Placement Assistance
- Workshops: A variety of workshops on job-search related topics and basic computer skills.
- Employment Specialists: Professional staff you can meet with to discuss your job search needs.
- Desk side job matching & referral: Assistance in finding open positions and getting you connected.
- Written Materials: Resume, Cover Letter, Reference Sheet, â€œThank Youâ€ letter information handouts.
- WorkSource Website: Statewide job listings, the ability to post your resume(s), access to job search tools and links to job search resources.
Onsite Resources and Tools
- Free access to computers, the Internet, phones, fax machines and copiers for job search activities.
- Assistance with setting up a free e-mail account.
- Daily jobs posted on our Resource Room job board.
- Disability resources and assistive technology â€“ check with the front desk for more information
- Typing, data entry, & 10 key tests: Certificate of your speed & accuracy is issued
- Winway Resume Builder and Resume Template available on all computer desktops
Community Resources and Supportive Services
- Sno-Isle Libraries: Access to their workshop calendar and website.
- WorkSource Online: Snohomish County WorkSource website for employment, training & community resources.
- Community Voicemail: Free voicemail accounts for job search use, for those with no phone.
- 211: Referral to community resources. Just dial 2-1-1 from any phone in Washington.
Filing for Unemployment Insurance